The Live Auction will begin November 5 at approximately 8:15 pm. Place a bid on any item by raising the paddle number you received with your program when the auctioneer calls out a bid amount to which you agree. A bid is not conﬁrmed until the auctioneer acknowledges it. Your bid number is linked to your registration information; if you have misplaced your paddle, please visit the registration table directly outside of the dining room. The winning bid is the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer. After you have successfully won an item, a volunteer will approach you for your contact information and to complete the transaction. Payment must be made by cash, credit card or personal check and is due immediately upon the close of the auction for that item. Any items not delivered at the close of the auction will be shipped separately at the charity beneﬁciaries' expense. Experiences will be arranged by the donating party, and must be scheduled by November 4, 2009 unless otherwise indicated. Proceeds for this evening's auction will be divided equally among the three charities.
Conditions of Auction
- TechWeb, O'Reilly, and the charity beneﬁciaries do not assume any risk, liability or responsibility for the authenticity or the authorship of any items or experiences identiﬁed in the auction program.
- All property is sold "as is." TechWeb, O'Reilly, and the charity beneﬁciaries do not make any representations or warranties of any kind or nature, expressed or implied, with respect to the property.
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the ﬁnal purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has the sole and ﬁnal discretion to determine the successful bidder.
- At the decision of the auctioneer, the highest bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the offered lot subject to all the conditions set forth herein and thereupon (a) assumes the risk and responsibility therefor, and (b) will pay the full purchase price therefor.
- All sales are ﬁnal and subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the donors. There will be no refunds or exchanges.
- An auction payment qualiﬁes as a deductible gift only to the extent that it is shown to exceed the fair market value of any consideration received
in the form of privileges or other beneﬁts. We advise you to consult your accountant regarding deductibility of your purchase and any other tax questions.
- By participating in this auction, each bidder recognizes and agrees that neither TechWeb nor O'Reilly nor the charity beneﬁciaries, nor anyone who assists in conducting this auction shall be liable for any occurrence resulting from the use of auctioned items, services and/or experiences.